The best time to incorporate a healthy Lifestyle is right now!
How often is it that you look at a particular friend’s pictures and admire how healthy they are? That you see a fit looking person walking down the street, and wish that you were closer to their bodyweight?
If this is something that happens to you every now and then, here are seven tips that help you to live a much healthier life:
- GET ACTIVE: Inactivity can shave almost four years off a person’s expected lifespan. People who are physically inactive are twice as likely to be at risk for heart disease or stroke.
- CONTROL CHOLESTEROL LEVELS: High blood cholesterol can lead to the build up of fatty deposits in your arteries – increasing your risk for heart disease and stroke.
- FOLLOW A HEALTHY DIET: Eating a healthy diet including plenty of fruit and vegetables is one of the most important things you can do to improve your health.
- KNOW AND CONTROL BLOOD PRESSURE: High blood pressure is often called a ‘silent killer’ because it has no warning signs or symptoms. By knowing and controlling your blood pressure, you can cut your risk of stroke by up to 40 per cent and the risk of heart attack by up to 25 per cent.
- ACHIEVE AND MAINTAIN A HEALTHY WEIGHT: Being overweight or obese is a major risk factor for heart disease and stroke. Figure out a way to shed some kilo’s, and work on it!
- MANAGE DIABETES: Diabetes increases the risk of high blood pressure, atherosclerosis (narrowing of the arteries), coronary artery disease, and stroke, particularly if your blood sugar levels are poorly controlled.
- BE TOBACCO FREE:Half of all long-term smokers die early from smoking-related diseases, including heart disease, lung cancer and chronic bronchitis. As soon as you become smoke-free, your risk of heart disease and stroke begins to decrease. After 15 years, your risk will be nearly that of a non-smoker.
While it is great to incorporate all these changes in your lifestyle, it is also important to get yourself a health check up to see how well your body is currently doing!
Dr.Vel’s Clinic in Saket, Kapra, is an Internationally Certified Specialist in
-Knee & Joint Pain
– Gynecology and PCOD
– Spinal Cord issues and treatment
– Thyroid related problems
– Kidney and Liver Health
– All other health related issues.
The clinic uses advanced Computerised diagnostics and treatment using ‘bio-plasm 9 dimension’ and ‘non-linear analysis system’.
For an appointment, contact: 9705076177, 9652922677.
Address: 247, Lane 20, Road no. 5, Saket Phase 1, Kapra.